University Prep, K-5 Enrichment Teacher (2018-2019) (Denver, CO)
Date published: 14-Dec-2017
University Prep’s mission is to educate every child for a four-year college degree and a life of opportunity. Enrichment Teachers, like all of our teachers, are the cornerstone of achieving our mission and are entrusted with advancing it through the development, implementation and ongoing refinement of an enrichment program that enhances our academic program and our scholar’s daily learning experience. Further, Enrichment Teachers, like all teachers, are charged with leading all of our scholars in meeting high behavioral and cultural expectations that support their learning and character development.
- Strong commitment to, belief in, and alignment with mission and vision of our school.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Highly qualified as defined by ESSA (Every Student Succeeds Act).
- Highly proficient in their own specialty area.
- Minimum of one year working in urban education and/or with a diverse student population.
- For those with teaching experience: history of leading significant gains in student performance and/or growth.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Experience or familiarity analyzing data and using data to inform decisions and/or instruction.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Openness to feedback, desire to continue development as a professional, and willingness to take responsibility for outcomes.
- Demonstrated track record of operating with a growth mindset and deep humility in all previous roles.
- Core belief in the value of high expectations to achieve excellence in their own specialty area.
- Bilingual preferred (English/Spanish) (not required).
- Embody mission and vision of our school.
- Design and implement a comprehensive enrichment program for kindergarten through fifth grade scholars (performing arts and dance) (art, Spanish and PE are established programs).
- Create rigorous curriculum that reinforces University Prep’s school culture, guiding values and content learned in core academic subjects.
- Regularly monitor students’ progress against pre-determined learning targets tied to state and national content-area standards.
- Analyze student outcomes on an ongoing basis and action plan accordingly to meet their needs.
- Teach, support and enhance school-wide systems and expectations at all times with all children.
- Provide engaging, motivating, and rigorous instruction in whole-class settings.
- Actively engage with families, children and community members to understand their backgrounds and experiences in order to support an equitable and inclusive school environment.
- Communicate regularly and proactively with scholars and families.
- Collaborate with other staff members and actively participate in all professional development and learning opportunities including, but not limited to, a four-week summer institute and weekly professional development.
- Engage in professional development and school-wide efforts (including but not limited to) issues of diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Continuously use feedback from leaders, colleagues and families to make productive changes in instructional practices and overall performance.
- Provide supports in general education classrooms (on Fridays, when enrichment blocks are not in session due to our modified schedule).
- Complete all administrative requirements before given deadlines.
- Participate in additional activities including field trips, intensive academic support sessions, and other required programs as needed throughout year to best serve our children and community.
Compensation: We offer a competitive compensation package, including a salary above the district scale and comprehensive health benefits.
As an equal opportunity employer, University Prep hires without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Don’t see the job you are looking for? Can’t quite decide? Submit your resume for Network Talent General Interest. A Hiring Manager will reach out to you if you are a good match for an upcoming position at their school.General Interest, Apply Here!