University Prep, Dean of Operations (Immediate Hire) (Denver, CO)
Date published: 14-Dec-2017
The Dean of Operations is entrusted with advancing the mission of the school through the organization and oversight of all operational functions of the school including scholar enrollment, transportation, vendor relationships, technology and communication with families. Additionally, the Dean of Operations is the primary point person for attendance, homework and uniform systems. The Dean of Operations will develop and manage scholar information systems. The Dean of Operations will be held accountable by the Principal in regard to his/her performance and growth.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Three or more years of school based/relevant experience.
- Strong organizational abilities (including project planning and project management).
- Detail oriented with exceptional follow through.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Ability to have difficult conversations in a respectful manner.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Strong work ethic and proven ability to operate in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrates grit and personal responsibility.
- Takes initiative/self-starter and proactively seeks feedback.
- Knowledge of office equipment and services including computers, printers, copiers, fax machines, phones, and software.
- Open to feedback, desire to continue development as a professional and willingness to take responsibility for scholar outcomes and achievement.
- Track record of managing complex projects to successful completion.
- Experience with database warehouse systems (Illuminate, Infinite Campus, Salesforce).
- Evidence of relationship building across multiple stakeholders.
- Evidence of ability to effectively manage a team.
- Bilingual preferred (English/Spanish).
- Strong commitment to, belief in, and alignment with mission and vision of the organization.
- Ensure that the operations team maintains accurate, complete, neat, and organized files for every scholar.
- Ensure that the operations team collects, enters, and maintains school data in administrative databases.
- Creates purchase orders, tracks shipments, and follows-up on administrative needs with vendors, including ordering, receipt and maintenance of supplies.
- Ensure that the operations team maintains accurate attendance records and follows-up with families when students are not present at school.
- Oversee coordination and execution of all school mailings.
- Ensure strict confidentiality of personal student information and data by the operations team.
- Works with the Principal and other members of the leadership team to ensure that operational duties and procedures are in place and executed properly.
- Ensure that the operations team maintains enthusiastic greetings of all school stakeholders and provides information and directs communication thoughtfully.
- Remains familiar with school policies, procedures, and operations.
- Ensure that the operations team implement and maintain school-wide systems such as homework completion tracking and attendance through data input.
- Works with the operations team to draft and edit documents/communications, as needed.
Compensation: We offer a competitive compensation package including a salary above the district scale and comprehensive health benefits.
As an equal opportunity employer, University Prep hires without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Don’t see the job you are looking for? Can’t quite decide? Submit your resume for Network Talent General Interest. A Hiring Manager will reach out to you if you are a good match for an upcoming position at their school.General Interest, Apply Here!