United Schools Network, Strategy & Operations Manager (2017-2018) (Columbus, OH)
Date published: 2-Jul-2017
The School Performance Institute (SPI), a division of the United Schools Network, is an innovative social enterprise based in Columbus, OH committed to seeking out, studying, and spreading instructional and school- design best practices to the educators who need them the most.
SPI is actively seeking an entrepreneurial, full-time employee to bring structure and strategic thinking to our start-up team. The SOM role will involve contributing to product development efforts, creating and deploying marketing campaigns, advertising and executing SPI events, and collaborating in the design of new or improved systems. This position may involve travel, including nights and weekends.
Which is where you come in, if you:
- are team-oriented, know how to build consensus, and relish the opportunity to get the best out of an executive team of thought partners and innovators.
- thrive on the flexibility, ambiguity, and collaboration of start-up life- particularly the opportunity and challenge of growing a new division within an established organization.
- excel at organizing a process from start to finish in the creation of systems to help us operate efficiently and prepare for growth.
- are passionately committed to our mission of seeking out, studying, and spreading best practices to the educators who need them the most.
Maybe you’ve got some of this experience to share, too:
- contributing to the development and design of consumer-facing communication materials as part of an integrated marketing and sales strategy to drive participation in events and services.
- creating and deploying e-marketing campaigns (e.g., MailChimp, Influencer marketing) and continuously updating and upgrading our online presence (e.g., Squarespace website, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook).
- scoping, organizing, and executing complex projects using Lean and Agile principles (e.g., Kanban, Scrum) and project management tools (e.g., Trello, Asana, Gantt charts, project charters).
- following financial and operational processes, such as internal coordination and communications, accounting (liaising with outsourced accountant), customer relationship management, vendor management, event management, payroll, and human resources.
- setting up a CRM system to drive sales and customer engagement and satisfaction.
- managing systems you’ve built and training colleagues on how to use them.
SPI team members are:
- dedicated to educational success for traditionally under-served students.
- technologically savvy self-starters.
- open and committed to implementing frequent feedback.
- extremely organized with relentless attention to detail.
- creative problem-solvers who work well under pressure.
- strong verbal and written communicators.
Some benefits and perks of working at SPI:
- Generous vacation policy
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Participation in Ohio’s State Teacher or School Employee Retirement system
Position: Strategy & Operations Manager (SOM)
Reports to: Chief Learning Officer
Don’t see the job you are looking for? Can’t quite decide? Submit your resume for Network Talent General Interest. A Hiring Manager will reach out to you if you are a good match for an upcoming position at their school.General Interest, Apply Here!