United Schools Network, Office Coordinator (Starts May 2017) (Columbus, OH)
Date published: 16-Feb-2017
The United Schools Network (USN) is a nonprofit organization in Columbus, Ohio, that starts and manages urban public charter schools that close the achievement gap. The network includes two high-performing middle schools, a high-performing elementary school, and is launching a second elementary school in the fall of 2017. We are seeking an Office Coordinator to join our network at United Preparatory Academy – State.
The United Schools Network prepares middle and elementary school students to achieve academic excellence and become citizens of integrity. High expectations for scholarship and behavior and an achievement-oriented school culture ensure all students are equipped to enter, succeed in, and graduate from the most demanding high schools and colleges.
- We hold high academic and behavioral expectations to ensure the growth of every student.
- We engage and grow competent and experienced school leadership and staff.
- We offer a rigorous academic program with intentional student supports and a comprehensive character education program.
- We provide clear standards, research-proven curriculum, and frequent assessment.
- We are a mission-driven school community.
Our Students and Results
- Admission is open to all students; academic proficiency is not considered during the admissions process.
- In 2017-2018, USN schools will serve students in grades K-4 and 6-8.
- 75% of our students are students of color and 90% are economically disadvantaged.
- USN 8th graders regularly gain acceptance to the top high school programs in the city.
Joining Our Team
The United Preparatory Academy will consider hiring a full-time Office Coordinator who:
Leadership Skills and Characteristics
- Embodies, advocates, and operationalizes the school’s mission, vision, expectations, and values.
- Demonstrates a high level of professional maturity including emotional constancy in stressful situations, has an ability to bring out the best in others, is a solution seeker, and acts as a positive force to motivate others.
- Carefully manages tasks and time, is extremely well-organized, and is detail oriented.
- Works collaboratively with the leadership team and instructional staff to support the needs of all families.
- Exhibits the ability to effectively relate to, engage, and communicate with a diverse group of students and their families in one-on-one, small group, and large group settings.
- Possesses the entrepreneurial spirit and strong work ethic necessary in the founding years of a school.
- Communicates effectively in both formal and informal settings.
- Creates a neat, welcoming, and organized office environment.
- Maintains complete sets of all parent and staff forms.
- Welcomes parents and visitors, maintains accurate visitor logs, and responds to visitor and parent requests in a timely fashion.
- Answers phones and redirects inquiries as appropriate and relays messages to the correct staff.
- Executes daily homework and attendance calls.
- Processes and fulfills staff supply, copy, and other similar requests and tasks.
- Receives, distributes, and prepares incoming/outgoing mail and shipments.
- Maintains school supply closet and assists with inventory control.
- Maintains office equipment and ensures that copier machines, fax, and postage are in working order.
- Performs data entry tasks associated with the School Information System and other databases.
- Assists with student recruitment and retention.
Experience & Qualifications
United Preparatory Academy will consider hiring a full-time Office Coordinator who:
- Is dedicated to educational success for urban students.
- Communicates effectively with students, parents, and colleagues.
- Has the ambition and desire to grow as a leader.
- Is open to feedback, will take personal responsibility for the operation of the school, and has the ability to learn from one's mistakes.
- Has the ability to manage multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines.
- Displays maturity and ability to work independently under pressure.
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Has personal and professional integrity.
- Has technological proficiency using Google and Office products.
- Has at least two years of office related experience in an education agency (preferred).
- Holds a B.A./B.S. degree (preferred).
Terms of Employment
This position will begin on May 1, 2017, however candidates will be considered immediately. Compensation is competitive; the Office Coordinator is eligible to participate in either Ohio’s State Teacher Retirement System or School Employee Retirement System. United Preparatory Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Position: Office Coordinator
Reports to: Operations Manager
Don’t see the job you are looking for? Can’t quite decide? Submit your resume for Network Talent General Interest. A Hiring Manager will reach out to you if you are a good match for an upcoming position at their school.General Interest, Apply Here!