United Schools Network, Office Coordinator (2017-2018) (Columbus, OH)
Date published: 31-Aug-2017
The United Schools Network (USN) is a nonprofit organization in Columbus, Ohio, that starts and manages urban public charter schools that close the achievement gap. The network includes two high-performing middle schools, a high-performing elementary school, and is launching a second elementary school in the fall of 2017. We are seeking an Office Coordinator to join our network at United Preparatory Academy – State.
The United Schools Network prepares middle and elementary school students to achieve academic excellence and become citizens of integrity. High expectations for scholarship and behavior and an achievement-oriented school culture ensure all students are equipped to enter, succeed in, and graduate from the most demanding high schools and colleges.
- We hold high academic and behavioral expectations to ensure the growth of every student.
- We engage and grow competent and experienced school leadership and staff.
- We offer a rigorous academic program with intentional student supports and a comprehensive character education program.
- We provide clear standards, research-proven curriculum, and frequent assessment.
- We are a mission-driven school community.
Our Students and Results
- Admission is open to all students; academic proficiency is not considered during the admissions process.
- In 2017-2018, USN schools will serve students in grades K-4 and 6-8.
- 75% of our students are students of color and 90% are economically disadvantaged.
- USN 8th graders regularly gain acceptance to the top high school programs in the city.
Joining Our Team
The United Preparatory Academy will consider hiring a full-time Office Coordinator who:
Leadership Skills and Characteristics
- Embodies, advocates, and operationalizes the school’s mission, vision, expectations, and values.
- Demonstrates a high level of professional maturity including emotional constancy in stressful situations, has an ability to bring out the best in others, is a solution seeker, and acts as a positive force to motivate others.
- Carefully manages tasks and time, is extremely well-organized, and is detail oriented.
- Works collaboratively with the leadership team and instructional staff to support the needs of all families.
- Exhibits the ability to effectively relate to, engage, and communicate with a diverse group of students and their families in one-on-one, small group, and large group settings.
- Possesses the entrepreneurial spirit and strong work ethic necessary in the founding years of a school.
- Communicates effectively in both formal and informal settings.
- Creates a neat, welcoming, and organized office environment.
- Maintains complete sets of all parent and staff forms.
- Welcomes parents and visitors, maintains accurate visitor logs, and responds to visitor and parent requests in a timely fashion.
- Answers phones and redirects inquiries as appropriate and relays messages to the correct staff.
- Executes daily homework and attendance calls.
- Processes and fulfills staff supply, copy, and other similar requests and tasks.
- Receives, distributes, and prepares incoming/outgoing mail and shipments.
- Maintains school supply closet and assists with inventory control.
- Maintains office equipment and ensures that copier machines, fax, and postage are in working order.
- Performs data entry tasks associated with the School Information System and other databases.
- Assists with student recruitment and retention.
Experience & Qualifications
United Preparatory Academy will consider hiring a full-time Office Coordinator who:
- Is dedicated to educational success for urban students.
- Communicates effectively with students, parents, and colleagues.
- Has the ambition and desire to grow as a leader.
- Is open to feedback, will take personal responsibility for the operation of the school, and has the ability to learn from one's mistakes.
- Has the ability to manage multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines.
- Displays maturity and ability to work independently under pressure.
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Has personal and professional integrity.
- Has technological proficiency using Google and Office products.
- Has at least two years of office related experience in an education agency (preferred).
- Holds a B.A./B.S. degree (preferred).
Terms of Employment
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position has been filled. Compensation is competitive; the Office Coordinator is eligible to participate in either Ohio’s State Teacher Retirement System or School Employee Retirement System. United Preparatory Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Don’t see the job you are looking for? Can’t quite decide? Submit your resume for Network Talent General Interest. A Hiring Manager will reach out to you if you are a good match for an upcoming position at their school.General Interest, Apply Here!