United Schools Network, Middle School Intervention Specialist (2017-2018) (Columbus, OH)
Date published: 3-Jan-2017
The United Schools Network (USN) is a nonprofit organization in Columbus, Ohio, that starts and manages urban public charter schools that close the achievement gap. The network includes two high-performing middle schools, a high-performing elementary school, and is launching a second elementary school in the fall of 2017. We are seeking a middle school Intervention Specialist to join our network at either Columbus Collegiate Academy – Dana Ave. or Columbus Collegiate Academy – Main St.
The United Schools Network prepares middle and elementary school students to achieve academic excellence and become citizens of integrity. High expectations for scholarship and behavior and an achievement-oriented school culture ensure all students are equipped to enter, succeed in, and graduate from the most demanding high schools and colleges.
- All students have the ability to achieve academic excellence.
- All students thrive in a highly disciplined school environment.
- All students must be prepared to excel in demanding high schools on their way to selective colleges.
- All students deserve outstanding teachers that produce outstanding results.
Our Students and Results
- Admission is open to all students; academic proficiency is not considered during the admissions process.
- In 2017-2018, USN schools will serve students in grades K-4 and 6-8.
- 75% of our students are students of color and 90% are economically disadvantaged.
- USN 8th graders regularly gain acceptance to the top high school programs in the city.
Joining Our Team
Columbus Collegiate Academy will consider hiring a full-time Intervention Specialist who:
- Is dedicated to educational success for urban students.
- Is committed to using data-driven instructional practices and the techniques outlined in Teach Like a Champion 2.0 to improve student outcomes.
- Develops and implements an Individualized Education Program for each student, complimentary to his or her educational strengths and needs as defined through the evaluation and IEP process.
- Is relentless in writing and refining curriculum, lessons, and assessments.
- Is open and committed to implementing frequent feedback from lead teachers and school leaders.
- Communicates effectively with students, parents, and colleagues.
- Holds a B.A./B.S. degree and the appropriate teaching license.
- Has demonstrated student achievement results in an urban school (preferred).
- Completes other duties as assigned by the School Director.
This position will begin on July 24, 2017, though applications will be considered immediately. Compensation and benefits are competitive; teachers are eligible to participate in Ohio’s State Teacher Retirement System. Columbus Collegiate Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Don’t see the job you are looking for? Can’t quite decide? Submit your resume for Network Talent General Interest. A Hiring Manager will reach out to you if you are a good match for an upcoming position at their school.General Interest, Apply Here!