Breakthrough Schools is looking for a Building Substitute Teacher (full time) committed to urban education to join our team. Breakthrough Schools is Cleveland's highest rated network of public charter schools. Our mission is to develop a growing network of distinctive school options that prepare Cleveland area students for success in life. As we grow, open new schools, and add new grades, we are looking for educators who are excited about what we are doing in Cleveland.
TEACHING AT E PREP:
When you join E Prep, you become part of a culture that values its colleagues, students and families. We act deliberately to embrace diversity at all levels of the organization, encourage inclusion and respect by providing continuing high expectations for everyone. Our teachers spend 100% of their time teaching, not disciplining.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Interact frequently and respectfully with children;
- Support the school’s mission, philosophies, values, goals, and policies toward parents/guardians and coworkers;
- Implement a developmentally appropriate curriculum which reflects observations and goals of individual children;
- Demonstrate classroom management skills to an entire group whether working with a whole class or small group
- Keep the classroom environment organized and attractive;
- Offer and share ideas and materials with coworkers;
- Participate actively with the teaching team through communication, collaboration, and curriculum planning;
- Work with the operations staff (student files, copying, etc.);
- Provide small group intervention groups;
- Oversee computer lab;
- Provide additional behavior and culture guidance to scholars
SKILLS AND CHARACTERISTICS:
- Strong instructional skills and classroom management
- Demonstrated mastery of subject matter
- Unyielding commitment to students, self and school’s constant learning and development
- Relentlessness - doing whatever it takes to ensure success
- Team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly organized
- Belief in Entrepreneurship Prep’s mission, educational model, and core values
- Maturity, humility, strong work ethic, sense of humor, and “roll-up-my-sleeves” attitude
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree
- Valid OH teaching certificate/license or must be in the process of obtaining a valid OH teaching certificate/license in subject area to be taught
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Compensation packages are competitive and commensurate with experience. Breakthrough Charter Schools offer a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental and vision, life and disability coverage. Employees are also eligible to participate in the Ohio STRS or SERS (state retirement system).
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.