The Prep Schools, K-8 Teachers (2017-2018) (Cleveland, OH)
Date published: 17-Nov-2015
The four Prep Schools (“The Preps”) are defined by the highly-structured school culture found in many of the nation’s top-performing urban schools. The elementary schools feature intensive reading and math instruction, technology that differentiates every child’s learning experience and personal attention for all students with two teachers in every classroom. The middle schools feature four hours of math and language arts instruction per day and a unique entrepreneurship curriculum. Students thrive in the highly disciplined culture that is centered around a rigorous academic curriculum and embraces the entrepreneurial values of courage, self-discipline, respect, responsibility, and perseverance.
Immediate Teacher Openings
- Grade Math
- Grade Social Studies
- Intervention Specialist
For information about teaching opportunities in other subject or grade levels at the Prep Schools, please contact Erin Waltz, Talent Acquisition Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Responsibilities for our teachers include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Support the school’s mission, philosophies, values, goals, and policies toward students, parents/guardians and coworkers.
- Interact frequently and respectfully with children.
- Design and effectively deliver developmentally appropriate curriculum and instruction which reflects observations and goals of individual children.
- Establish a classroom culture of high expectations and no excuses that includes college preparation for all children.
- Work with the faculty and school leadership to frequently examine student data for ongoing refinement of instruction and assessment.
- Share best practices with other teachers and collaborate with them to improve instructional and assessment practices.
- Facilitate regular parent/guardian communications and conferences to discuss student progress.
- Keep the classroom environment organized, attractive and safe
Skills and Characteristics
We are seeking both experienced and new individuals to the profession. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Passionate about urban education and our mission
- Highly qualified in content area and/or grade level
- Maintain a professional and no excuses attitude
- Receptive to feedback and desire to grow professionally
- Has the work ethic and desire to go above and beyond
- Highly organized
- Use data to drive instruction
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Valid teaching certificate/license or must be in the process of obtaining a valid teaching certificate/license in subject area to be taught
Don’t see the job you are looking for? Can’t quite decide? Submit your resume for Network Talent General Interest. A Hiring Manager will reach out to you if you are a good match for an upcoming position at their school.General Interest, Apply Here!