Excel Academy Charter Schools, Paraprofessional (2018-2019) (Boston, MA)
Date published: 6-Feb-2018
Excel Academy Charter Schools is a growing network of high-performing, no-excuses charter schools dedicated to closing the achievement gap in the Boston area. The network currently operates three middle schools in East Boston and Chelsea and will be launching its first high school in fall 2015. For 6 years in a row, Excel 8th graders have been the top-performers of all 460 Massachusetts public school districts on the MCAS exams.
Duties & Responsibilities
Excel is seeking a Paraprofessional/1:1 Aide who is available to start immediately. In this role, the Aide would be responsible for:
- Provide small group or 1:1 behavioral & academic support to a student with special needs
- Provide 1:1 student support based on specific needs outlined in his/her IEP
- Provide inclusion support to students with special needs in General Education and Foundational level courses
- Work with staff to develop behavioral intervention plans and implement plans to ensure student learning and classroom behavior goals are met
- Work with staff to develop and provide academic support plans for student(s) with special needs
- Confer and collaborate with teachers to ensure accommodations are met in inclusive settings; and
- Provide input for student’s IEP
- A high school diploma, GED, or equivalent is required;
- Experience working with students with substantial behavioral needs;
- Experience in an urban public school or charter school setting preferred, but not required;
- Physical Restraint Training preferred, but not required;
- A commitment to working with underserved, urban youth;
- An unwavering commitment to and belief in the mission of Excel Academy Charter Schools, including Excel’s values and educational model;
- The ability to focus and thrive in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment;
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment and the willingness and desire to support others in doing their best work; and
- An entrepreneurial spirit that reflects an openness to change, a willingness to problem-solve, and an interest in developing new ideas and programs.
Excel provides a competitive compensation package that includes benefits and is commensurate with experience.
Excel Academy Charter Schools do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, creed, sex, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age, ancestry, athletic performance, special need, proficiency in the English language or a foreign language or prior academic achievement.
Organization: Excel Academy Charter Schools
Job Title: Paraprofessional/1:1 Aide
Reports to: Learning Specialist
Campus/Location: Excel Academy High School